The Idaho Press-Tribune is the second-oldest active newspaper in Idaho, first printing in December 1883. One of the first owners and editors was Frank Steunenberg. The paper that was soon born was the Idaho Free Press in 1919. This paper was sympathetic the Nonpartisan League, organized by farmers seeking political relief. The Nonpartisans even organized the Idaho Progressive Party. Bernard Mainwaring bought the Idaho Free Press and the Leader-Herald newspapers in about 1946 and merged them, leaving the Idaho Free Press as the only paper. The Scripps League bought the Idaho Free Press in 1954 and the Caldwell News Tribune in 1956. The official ownership was handed to Pioneer Newspapers in 1975. The Idaho Free Press and the Caldwell News Tribune merged in 1980. Press-Tribune is published by Matt Davison and edited by Vickie Holbrook. Headquarters are located currently at 1618 North Midland Blvd. Nampa, Idaho 83651.